Sunday, June 19, 2011

Here's to Dad

Again, sorry I never post anymore. Someday I will. I just wanted to share these pictures, which were scanned by my ghetto document scanner, or in other words, really poor quality.


I love this picture of me and my dad. This is the same face I've seen Dad make for the last 21 years anytime you try to talk to him while he's sleeping.

 
This is a more recent picture, I think from my senior year of high school. It was at some daddy-daughter Young Women's activity, which is why it has the cutesy frame. Neither of us are really into that sort of activity, but we had fun. I like this picture because it looks like we had just been laughing, because we had. We tried to first get my yw leader to take a picture of my dad putting me in a headlock or something, but she didn't like that. Haha. 

I love spending time with my dad. One memory I have is my...tenth? birthday I want to say. My mom got me a new outfit from Limited Too, and I wore it on a birthday date with just me and my dad. We went to Hibachi for dinner, and then we went go-carting. It was special to me, and still is. 

One of my other favorite memories of my dad is from high school. I got really really sick at school, I'll spare you the details, but my dad came to pick me up. I couldn't even walk, and I was crying and dry heaving because I was in pain. So he picked me up and carried me to the car, at sixteen years old, while I cried, and he huffed and puffed a little (I was squishing his diaphragm I think), and my butt crack was showing (ha ha). He's a really caring person. 

Dad, I love you so much! You are the smartest person I have ever known, and one of the most knowledgeable in the Gospel. You give good advice, and you're a good listener, and you're good and making me feel better when I feel hysterical or upset. Thanks for being a good dad to me, and being a good example and teaching me about the Gospel. Happy Father's Day! I love you.

1 comment:

  1. That post was adorable! I love those pictures!! Ps come back into my life...aka I haven't seen you in like 5 days.

    Haley

    ReplyDelete